Looking for a big read? Ken’s come up with a real whopper
- Credit: Archant
The next big name author to make a date at Letchworth’s David’s Bookshop is a familiar face around North Herts.
Thriller writer turned creator of mammoth historical sagas Ken Follett will be helping the Eastcheap shop celebrate the national Books Are My Bag campaign for independent bookshops on Saturday.
Customers are invited to pop along to the store – and perhaps walk away with one of the collectors’ edition bags designed by Tracy Emin.
Ken will be signing his newest novel from The Century Trilogy, Edge of Eternity – which tops 1,000 pages – at 11 am.
It’s the stirring saga of five families living in a world on the brink of oblivion. As the decisions made in the corridors of power bring the world nearly to its end, five families from across the globe are brought together in an unforgettable tale of passion and conflict during the Cold War.
You may also want to watch:
Ken, the husband of former Stevenage MP Barbara Follett, was only 27 when he hit the big time with Eye of the Needle. His medieval Pillars Of The Earth saga, set around the building of a great cathedral, has sold a staggering total of 23 million copies in 30 countries, and worldwide sales of all his books stand at around 150 million copies.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?