Looking for a big read? Ken’s come up with a real whopper
- Credit: Archant
The next big name author to make a date at Letchworth’s David’s Bookshop is a familiar face around North Herts.
Thriller writer turned creator of mammoth historical sagas Ken Follett will be helping the Eastcheap shop celebrate the national Books Are My Bag campaign for independent bookshops on Saturday.
Customers are invited to pop along to the store – and perhaps walk away with one of the collectors’ edition bags designed by Tracy Emin.
Ken will be signing his newest novel from The Century Trilogy, Edge of Eternity – which tops 1,000 pages – at 11 am.
It’s the stirring saga of five families living in a world on the brink of oblivion. As the decisions made in the corridors of power bring the world nearly to its end, five families from across the globe are brought together in an unforgettable tale of passion and conflict during the Cold War.
You may also want to watch:
Ken, the husband of former Stevenage MP Barbara Follett, was only 27 when he hit the big time with Eye of the Needle. His medieval Pillars Of The Earth saga, set around the building of a great cathedral, has sold a staggering total of 23 million copies in 30 countries, and worldwide sales of all his books stand at around 150 million copies.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker