Lizzards hit Albert Hall frequency
A BAND who rarely play gigs – preferring to get their music out on the internet, performed at the daddy of all venues in front of thousands last week.
Brothers Iain and Mark Lay, aka Lizzardfrequency, went on stage at The Albert Hall to play to a capacity crowd of 4,000 on Monday after being invited by children’s charity Barnardo’s.
The pair were joined by Decades Apart’s Carl Dawson who answered a call by Venue for a musician to take the place of the band’s guitarist after he pulled out at short notice.
The trio performed songs from latest Lizzard EP Messages from Today, Tomorrow and Yesterday to children from schools around the UK at Barnardo’s Young Supporters Concert.
Pianist Iain said it was karma that gave them the chance to play at the historic venue, adding: “It’s every musician’s dream to play in the hallowed hall and stand on its iconic stage. It’s a spectacular place and we are proud to have been asked by Barnardo’s and honoured to perform for so many at this amazingly important charity event.”
You may also want to watch:
An official DVD of the show which included a range of acts will be available shortly from www.bsfv.co.uk/musicshop with 30 per cent of profits going to the charity.
Carl, who said he got to play “all thanks to the editorial in the newspaper”, is looking for a bass player for Decades Apart. If you fancy giving it a shot, email Carl at email@example.com
- 1 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 2 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 3 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 4 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Council leader reacts to recent stabbings in Stevenage
- 7 Free trees to be offered to North Herts residents for 'urban forest' plans
- 8 Stevenage road closed after crash
- 9 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher