Live Music: Balstock Ready To Rock
A festival will take over the heart of a town next month when “the biggest event to happen to Baldock” kicks off.
Now in its fifth year, the Balstock Festival will massively expand from its home at The Engine this year to take over another six pubs, the High Street and St Mary’s Church with sixty bands over the weekend of September 10 to 12.
“This is the biggest single event to happen to happen to Baldock in quite some time,” festival organiser, Graham La Roche, said. “It’s great to see so many businesses and organisations working together for a good cause. I’d love to see every pub, venue and the High Street brimming with people eager to enjoy the music and revel in Baldock’s historical grandeur.”
Highlights include My Pet Junkie, The October Game, Joanovarc, Echo Lake, Efferus, The Gavels, Kate Is The Decoy, Gallows Hill, The Goos and The Covenant Praise Community Choir, as well as an under-21 battle of the bands, DJs and a Guitar Hero competition.
For the full band line-up and details of how to enter the battle of the bands and Guitar Hero competitions go to www.balstock.com
You may also want to watch:
The free festival is in aid of St Mary’s Church spire fund, so don’t ignore those buckets.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 10 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
The Engine: Main stage
The Boot: DJ stage
The Orange Tree: Acoustic stage
The Engine: Main stage: 2pm-close
High St: Lunar Rock stage: battle of the young bands, noon–7pm
Rose & Crown: Guitar Hero tournament 2pm
White Lion: Folk stage, 7pm-close
St Marys Church: Gospel stage, afternoon
The Engine: Main stage: 3pm-close
Rose & Crown: Punk/alternative stage, 4pm-8pm
White Hart: Acoustic stage 5pm-8pm
Hen & Chickens: Covers band stage, 3pm-8pm
The Orange Tree: Jazz/big band, afternoon