Live Music: Balstock Ready To Rock
A festival will take over the heart of a town next month when “the biggest event to happen to Baldock” kicks off.
Now in its fifth year, the Balstock Festival will massively expand from its home at The Engine this year to take over another six pubs, the High Street and St Mary’s Church with sixty bands over the weekend of September 10 to 12.
“This is the biggest single event to happen to happen to Baldock in quite some time,” festival organiser, Graham La Roche, said. “It’s great to see so many businesses and organisations working together for a good cause. I’d love to see every pub, venue and the High Street brimming with people eager to enjoy the music and revel in Baldock’s historical grandeur.”
Highlights include My Pet Junkie, The October Game, Joanovarc, Echo Lake, Efferus, The Gavels, Kate Is The Decoy, Gallows Hill, The Goos and The Covenant Praise Community Choir, as well as an under-21 battle of the bands, DJs and a Guitar Hero competition.
For the full band line-up and details of how to enter the battle of the bands and Guitar Hero competitions go to www.balstock.com
You may also want to watch:
The free festival is in aid of St Mary’s Church spire fund, so don’t ignore those buckets.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
The Engine: Main stage
The Boot: DJ stage
The Orange Tree: Acoustic stage
The Engine: Main stage: 2pm-close
High St: Lunar Rock stage: battle of the young bands, noon–7pm
Rose & Crown: Guitar Hero tournament 2pm
White Lion: Folk stage, 7pm-close
St Marys Church: Gospel stage, afternoon
The Engine: Main stage: 3pm-close
Rose & Crown: Punk/alternative stage, 4pm-8pm
White Hart: Acoustic stage 5pm-8pm
Hen & Chickens: Covers band stage, 3pm-8pm
The Orange Tree: Jazz/big band, afternoon