Live Music: Balstock Ready To Rock
A festival will take over the heart of a town next month when “the biggest event to happen to Baldock” kicks off.
Now in its fifth year, the Balstock Festival will massively expand from its home at The Engine this year to take over another six pubs, the High Street and St Mary’s Church with sixty bands over the weekend of September 10 to 12.
“This is the biggest single event to happen to happen to Baldock in quite some time,” festival organiser, Graham La Roche, said. “It’s great to see so many businesses and organisations working together for a good cause. I’d love to see every pub, venue and the High Street brimming with people eager to enjoy the music and revel in Baldock’s historical grandeur.”
Highlights include My Pet Junkie, The October Game, Joanovarc, Echo Lake, Efferus, The Gavels, Kate Is The Decoy, Gallows Hill, The Goos and The Covenant Praise Community Choir, as well as an under-21 battle of the bands, DJs and a Guitar Hero competition.
For the full band line-up and details of how to enter the battle of the bands and Guitar Hero competitions go to www.balstock.com
The free festival is in aid of St Mary’s Church spire fund, so don’t ignore those buckets.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 8 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 What's the future Queen doing in a sandpit in Hertfordshire?
The Engine: Main stage
The Boot: DJ stage
The Orange Tree: Acoustic stage
The Engine: Main stage: 2pm-close
High St: Lunar Rock stage: battle of the young bands, noon–7pm
Rose & Crown: Guitar Hero tournament 2pm
White Lion: Folk stage, 7pm-close
St Marys Church: Gospel stage, afternoon
The Engine: Main stage: 3pm-close
Rose & Crown: Punk/alternative stage, 4pm-8pm
White Hart: Acoustic stage 5pm-8pm
Hen & Chickens: Covers band stage, 3pm-8pm
The Orange Tree: Jazz/big band, afternoon