Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
SEX and the City is my all time favourite show. I worship at the altar of Carrie and co. And I thought Candace Bushnell must be the most fabulous author known to man. Which is why I seized the opportunity to read Lipstick Jungle. Maybe it was because S
SEX and the City is my all time favourite show. I worship at the altar of Carrie and co. And I thought Candace Bushnell must be the most 'fabulous' author known to man. Which is why I seized the opportunity to read Lipstick Jungle.
Maybe it was because Sex and the City is on a pedestal, but Lipstick Jungle failed to impress.
It was ok. It wasn't terrible. It quenched my thirst for drama, excitement, New York scandal, fashion, career women and sisterhood, without being too sickly.
But I am not rushing out anytime soon to buy another Candace Bushnell novel.
You may also want to watch:
However, I'm sure it will make an excellent, addictive TV show when it appears on our screens in the future....
Rebecca Findley 3/5
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 3 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage