Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
SEX and the City is my all time favourite show. I worship at the altar of Carrie and co. And I thought Candace Bushnell must be the most fabulous author known to man. Which is why I seized the opportunity to read Lipstick Jungle. Maybe it was because S
SEX and the City is my all time favourite show. I worship at the altar of Carrie and co. And I thought Candace Bushnell must be the most 'fabulous' author known to man. Which is why I seized the opportunity to read Lipstick Jungle.
Maybe it was because Sex and the City is on a pedestal, but Lipstick Jungle failed to impress.
It was ok. It wasn't terrible. It quenched my thirst for drama, excitement, New York scandal, fashion, career women and sisterhood, without being too sickly.
But I am not rushing out anytime soon to buy another Candace Bushnell novel.
You may also want to watch:
However, I'm sure it will make an excellent, addictive TV show when it appears on our screens in the future....
Rebecca Findley 3/5
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people