Libraries app-ly a new way to book in
- Credit: Archant
Library users across Herts can now use an online app to keep up to date which what’s on offer at their local book base through their smartphones.
You can get information about forthcoming events, reserve books, search the catalogue and also renew books online using the new resource, as well as check opening hours.
As an added extra, you can scan the barcode of any book to see if it’s available in any county library and how to reserve it.
Councillor Teresa Heritage, County Hall’s lead member for libraries, said: “The app is brilliant – it gives everyone the opportunity to access reading, knowledge and information for free on a smartphone or tablet computer, while at home or on the go.
“This app is part of our Inspiring Libraries strategy, and is just one of the ways that the county’s service is using the latest digital technology to improve the services available for our residents and support digital inclusion.”
You may also want to watch:
The app is available for both Apple and Android devices and can be downloaded from the AppStore or Googleplay.
Visit www.yourlibraryapp.co.uk/hertfordshirelibraries to find out more.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 10 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter