Librarian books a world tour
A FOLK singer with avid listeners worldwide will be launching his second album in Hitchin this month. Stuart O Connor, 27, who has been writing and producing his own music for the past 10 years, will be releasing his new album A Distance From Here, at Clu
A FOLK singer with avid listeners worldwide will be launching his second album in Hitchin this month.
Stuart O'Connor, 27, who has been writing and producing his own music for the past 10 years, will be releasing his new album A Distance From Here, at Club 85 on Sunday, March 23, at 9pm.
The former university librarian has given up work to tour in the UK and abroad.
His UK tour which begins two days after the Hitchin gig will take him to 50 venues but he will return to Hitchin for Rhythms of the World on July 12 and 13.
You may also want to watch:
In November he will fly to Auckland in New Zealand to begin his worldwide tour and will be funding his travelling through album sales.
His first album Autonomous Debut which is available to buy at www.latebus records.com, sold 1,300 copies and he hopes his new album will be a progression.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 3 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 4 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 9 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 10 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
Stuart, who has also taught guitar, says he gets his inspiration from 'all over' but is influenced by the likes of Nick Drake and Ani Difranco.
He said: "I love all music; I'm a sponge to it. But now I will be fulfilling my ambition to focus on music full-time."
l Tickets to the gig which cost £7 and include a free copy of his new album are available from www.wegottickets.com
For more information visit www.my space.com/stuartoconnor