The Libertines to play Hatfield House with support from special guests Supergrass
- Credit: The Libertines
Rock band The Libertines have announced a special anniversary concert in Hatfield for next summer with support from Supergrass.
Fronted by Carl Barât and Pete Doherty, The Libertines will play Hatfield House on Friday, July 22, 2022.
The outdoor concert at the Hertfordshire stately home will be one of the band's shows across the UK to mark the 20th anniversary of their era-defining debut album, Up The Bracket.
The other dates announced are at Manchester's Castlefield Bowl, Bute Park in Cardiff and Edinburgh O2 Academy.
The Libertines posted on their Facebook page: "The year 2022 signifies two decades since the release of our debut album ‘UP THE BRACKET’, time flies.
"We’ll be celebrating this milestone with a few special shows and some exciting bits released from the Rough Trade Records vaults."
Tickets for the gigs go on sale at 9am on Friday, December 3.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 4 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 5 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 10 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
Support in Hatfield Park will come from Caught By The Fuzz and Alright band Supergrass.
Fronted by Gaz Coombes, Supergrass' debut album I Should Coco topped the UK charts.
Supergrass posted on social media: "Very pleased to announce we'll be joining @thelibertines at their 20th Anniversary Hatfield House show!
"Be ready... tickets go on sale Friday at 9am."