The Libertines to play Hatfield House with support from special guests Supergrass
- Credit: The Libertines
Rock band The Libertines have announced a special anniversary concert in Hatfield for next summer with support from Supergrass.
Fronted by Carl Barât and Pete Doherty, The Libertines will play Hatfield House on Friday, July 22, 2022.
The outdoor concert at the Hertfordshire stately home will be one of the band's shows across the UK to mark the 20th anniversary of their era-defining debut album, Up The Bracket.
The other dates announced are at Manchester's Castlefield Bowl, Bute Park in Cardiff and Edinburgh O2 Academy.
The Libertines posted on their Facebook page: "The year 2022 signifies two decades since the release of our debut album ‘UP THE BRACKET’, time flies.
"We’ll be celebrating this milestone with a few special shows and some exciting bits released from the Rough Trade Records vaults."
Tickets for the gigs go on sale at 9am on Friday, December 3.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
Support in Hatfield Park will come from Caught By The Fuzz and Alright band Supergrass.
Fronted by Gaz Coombes, Supergrass' debut album I Should Coco topped the UK charts.
Supergrass posted on social media: "Very pleased to announce we'll be joining @thelibertines at their 20th Anniversary Hatfield House show!
"Be ready... tickets go on sale Friday at 9am."