Letchworth hosts Three Men in a Boat reading
A READING of a comedy classic will be held tomorrow (Friday).
Raconteur Keith Baldwin will be recounting the story of Jerome K Jerome’s Three Men in a Boat at Letchworth Arts Centre.
The novel, published in 1889, is an account of a boating holiday on the Thames between Kingston and Oxford.
It has entertained generations of readers, has been turned into a number of films, and inspired the recent television series with Griff Rhys Jones, Dara O Briain and Rory McGrath. Former Household Cavalry soldier and retired senior police officer Keith will be reading from the book in his own inimitable style.
His Letchworth Arts Centre visit follows the great success of his interpretation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol in December.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �8 or �7 concessions, and doors open at 7pm with the reading starting at 7.30pm. A very different story comes to the same venue in The Arcade next Friday, October 26, when actress Louise Reed portrays the life of reformer and suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst.
In this costumed recreation, you will hear of Mrs Pankhurst’s early endeavours to promote ‘Votes for Women’, get a brief guide to suitable clothing in which to rush the House of Commons and learn all about life in Holloway.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Tickets are �9 or �7 for centre members and include afternoon tea.
The performance starts at 4pm with doors opening half an hour before.