Letchworth Festival’s looking for your favourite odes to set up poetry poll
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year’s Letchworth Festival are calling for nominations for the town’s favourite poem.
A small group of poetry lovers called Poetry Alive, part of the Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group, wants as big a selection as possible as it aims to establish which is the best-loved poem in the world’s first garden city.
To get involved, all you have to do is send in details of your favourite work – citing the poet and title and the first line.
The top 10 nominated works will then be published on the Letchworth Festival website, and people will be invited to vote for their favourites.
Group member Valerie Davies said: “We hope lots of people will vote, whether they nominated a poem or not.
You may also want to watch:
“The top 10 poems will be read at an event on Tuesday, June 16, and the poem with most votes declared as Letchworth’s Favourite Poem 2015.”
The poems, which must already have been published, need to be submitted by Wednesday, May 27, to PoetryAlive2015@yahoo.com and voting will continue until Friday, June 12.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?