Are you ready for the Letchworth Christmas lights switch on tomorrow?
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s highly-anticipated Christmas lights switch-on takes place in the town centre tomorrow.
There will be a whole host of fun family activities and entertainment from 12 noon to 8pm, including live music, a Christmas market, street food court, funfair, reindeer parade and a fireworks display at 6pm. The Christmas lights will be switched on by the much-loved Wind In The Willows characters.
Town centre manager Chris Wilson said: "Letchworth town centre has been our Christmas lights home for many years, but it's still exciting. The show is never one to be missed as we welcome Christmas in Letchworth - Santa's favourite garden city, of course.
"It's a family show and a great excuse to get everyone together to celebrate the festive season."
Other Christmas events in Letchworth include:
You may also want to watch:
- Saturday, November 30
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
Find gifts, decoration, treats and more at the festive market in Leys Square.
- December 1-23
Christmas tree sale
Get your Christmas preparations under way with a show-stopping Christmas tree from Leys Square.
- Saturday, December 7
Festive Craft Market
Letchworth's Festive Craft Market is your one-stop-shop for all of your festive purchases. The market will be open from 10am-4pm in Leys Square.
- Wednesday to Sunday, December 11-15
Enjoy Letchworth's diverse collection of offerings at the annual Winter Festival in the town centre. Pick up some unique Christmas presents or simply sip on mulled wine and soak up the jolly atmosphere.
- Saturday, December 21 - 11am to 2pm
Christmas Farmers' Market
Selling free-range meats, fresh fruit and vegetables, honey, cheese and more.