Are you ready for the Letchworth Christmas lights switch on tomorrow?
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth’s highly-anticipated Christmas lights switch-on takes place in the town centre tomorrow.
There will be a whole host of fun family activities and entertainment from 12 noon to 8pm, including live music, a Christmas market, street food court, funfair, reindeer parade and a fireworks display at 6pm. The Christmas lights will be switched on by the much-loved Wind In The Willows characters.
Town centre manager Chris Wilson said: "Letchworth town centre has been our Christmas lights home for many years, but it's still exciting. The show is never one to be missed as we welcome Christmas in Letchworth - Santa's favourite garden city, of course.
"It's a family show and a great excuse to get everyone together to celebrate the festive season."
Other Christmas events in Letchworth include:
You may also want to watch:
- Saturday, November 30
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Find gifts, decoration, treats and more at the festive market in Leys Square.
- December 1-23
Christmas tree sale
Get your Christmas preparations under way with a show-stopping Christmas tree from Leys Square.
- Saturday, December 7
Festive Craft Market
Letchworth's Festive Craft Market is your one-stop-shop for all of your festive purchases. The market will be open from 10am-4pm in Leys Square.
- Wednesday to Sunday, December 11-15
Enjoy Letchworth's diverse collection of offerings at the annual Winter Festival in the town centre. Pick up some unique Christmas presents or simply sip on mulled wine and soak up the jolly atmosphere.
- Saturday, December 21 - 11am to 2pm
Christmas Farmers' Market
Selling free-range meats, fresh fruit and vegetables, honey, cheese and more.