Letchworth choir releases first CD for hospice
A COMMUNITY choir will release their first CD next week in aid of a hospice which cares for the terminally ill.
Letchworth GC’s City Chorus made their first record at St Michaels Church in Broadway earlier this month, with proceeds from the sale of copies going to Garden House Hospice, also based in the town.
“CDs cost �8 and every single penny goes to the hospice,” said founder and musical director Tony Ridgway-Cole, who praised sound engineers Unit Studios for their help.
“There’s 750 CDs so we’re hoping to sell them all and raise �6,000. I always wanted to make a CD but I didn’t think we’d be doing it so soon. It was a fantastic weekend recording it, everyone really bonded.”
The CD goes on sale on Friday, December 2, and the launch will be marked that evening with Christmas Unwrapped, an 8pm concert at Letchworth Free Church with Peterborough Male Voice Choir.
You may also want to watch:
A further concert will be held on Saturday, December 3, at 2.30pm, with a guest appearance from Wilbury Junior School Choir.
Tickets cost �10 or �8 concessions and are available from David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap or via www.citychorus.org
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays