Letchworth choir releases first CD for hospice
A COMMUNITY choir will release their first CD next week in aid of a hospice which cares for the terminally ill.
Letchworth GC’s City Chorus made their first record at St Michaels Church in Broadway earlier this month, with proceeds from the sale of copies going to Garden House Hospice, also based in the town.
“CDs cost �8 and every single penny goes to the hospice,” said founder and musical director Tony Ridgway-Cole, who praised sound engineers Unit Studios for their help.
“There’s 750 CDs so we’re hoping to sell them all and raise �6,000. I always wanted to make a CD but I didn’t think we’d be doing it so soon. It was a fantastic weekend recording it, everyone really bonded.”
The CD goes on sale on Friday, December 2, and the launch will be marked that evening with Christmas Unwrapped, an 8pm concert at Letchworth Free Church with Peterborough Male Voice Choir.
You may also want to watch:
A further concert will be held on Saturday, December 3, at 2.30pm, with a guest appearance from Wilbury Junior School Choir.
Tickets cost �10 or �8 concessions and are available from David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap or via www.citychorus.org
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers