Letchworth cinema remains closed due to lockdown
- Credit: Alan Davies
Movie lovers in Letchworth will have to wait for their film fix at the garden city's cinema.
Even before the government announced another national lockdown in England, the cinema and theatre in Eastcheap was already temporarily closed due to Tier 4 coronavirus restrictions.
Hopes of the venue opening again this month were quashed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson's announcement on Monday evening.
Earlier in the day, the Broadway Cinema & Theatre had posted on Instagram: "We really missed you over the Christmas break, but as we still fall under Tier 4 restrictions Broadway Cinema will remain temporarily closed.
"Anyone who booked a ticket for a screening that has been cancelled will receive a full refund, or be given the opportunity to donate it to the Letchworth Foodbank.
"The safety of our staff is priority, so please do bear with us. We will refund you as soon as it is safe for our staff to be back in the office."
The Instagram post added: "Thank you for all your support and we will see you all again soon! #BroadwayCinema #Letchworth #IndependentCinema"
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys