Letchworth cinema remains closed due to lockdown
- Credit: Alan Davies
Movie lovers in Letchworth will have to wait for their film fix at the garden city's cinema.
Even before the government announced another national lockdown in England, the cinema and theatre in Eastcheap was already temporarily closed due to Tier 4 coronavirus restrictions.
Hopes of the venue opening again this month were quashed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson's announcement on Monday evening.
Earlier in the day, the Broadway Cinema & Theatre had posted on Instagram: "We really missed you over the Christmas break, but as we still fall under Tier 4 restrictions Broadway Cinema will remain temporarily closed.
"Anyone who booked a ticket for a screening that has been cancelled will receive a full refund, or be given the opportunity to donate it to the Letchworth Foodbank.
"The safety of our staff is priority, so please do bear with us. We will refund you as soon as it is safe for our staff to be back in the office."
The Instagram post added: "Thank you for all your support and we will see you all again soon! #BroadwayCinema #Letchworth #IndependentCinema"
- 1 Concerns raised for homeless man recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Major Hitchin road closed as emergency services respond to incident
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 Work begins on £20m John Barker Place regeneration
- 5 Arrest made after indecent exposure incident
- 6 Hitchin-based courier can only laugh after brilliant AA rescue story
- 7 14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage COVID-19 cases fall as Herts death toll doubles
- 9 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 10 Market Theatre planning application withdrawn after community backlash to flats plan