Letchworth BID manager Tom Hardy fills us in on all things garden city
- Credit: Archant
I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who visited Letchworth last weekend for our annual Food and Drink Festival.
Every year the town is filled with thousands of visitors enjoying the delicious local cuisines and taking in all that Letchworth has to offer, and this year was no exception.
We had a packed town centre filled with food, music and entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
As with all our projects and events, these are only made possible by the financial contributions from our town centre businesses.
Our business improvement district stretches out to include the Spirella, Nexus building and Norton Way North and South.
Please spare a thought for our town centre and come back to use the fantastic shops we have on offer.
I am delighted to announce yet another new business that opened its doors on Saturday – The Party Hut, which caters for all sorts from weddings and corporate events to children’s parties.
- 1 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 2 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 7 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 8 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 9 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
Amid the organised chaos of the food and drink festival on Saturday morning, I took the chance to visit this new business.
Located in The Wynd, between Junk and Disorderly and the Crafty Vegetarian, this small unit is a treasure trove of party equipment.
Everything from lavish thrones and giant letters to traditional sweet carts and light-up carpets there is so much to see!
Making their way around the food and drink festival at the weekend were 10,000 discount flyers.
The holder of one of these flyers can navigate the town centre, using the map on the back, and redeem discount offer in participating shops until Friday, June 30.
These festivals are a great way of attracting high numbers to the town, so hopefully these visitors will return and make use of the shops that make these events possible.
This weekend sees the big launch of our long-awaited Food and Life Style Market on Saturday, kicking off at 9am and going on for a full half day until 9pm.
As well as great food and niche items, there will be live music, a funfair and street entertainment.
The market will run on Thursday and Saturday every week so make sure you come down to our town centre and enjoy this fresh new market.
If that wasn’t enough, the car boot sale is back from this Sunday, from 9am to 2pm, in the town hall car park in front of Arena Parade.
Sellers can arrive at 8am and it’s free entry for buyers from 9am.
For more information on this and all the other projects the Letchworth BID is working on this year please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.