Letchworth Beer & World Food Festival set to return next weekend
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be international delicacies, live music and above all beer on offer next weekend when the Letchworth Beer & World Food Festival returns for its second year.
Letchworth town centre manager Tom Hardy is confident that with offerings like a funfair, a racing pod and even beer yoga, this year’s takeover of the town centre has something for everyone – and could be even better than last time.
He said: “The festival is a firm community favourite. It’s very important to us at Love Letchworth to celebrate what our town has to offer by bringing people from all around to come together and enjoy themselves.
“We welcome all to come and support our local area by joining in the festivities, funded by town centre businesses and organisations.
“There’s something for everyone this year and I think it’s set to be our best yet.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a wide range of beers, world food and live entertainment during once-dry Letchworth’s authentic Oktoberfest-style festival – which starts on Saturday, September 30, and continues into the next day.
Partygoers will have the opportunity to indulge in a huge variety of world cuisine, drink in the beer tent run by Leys Avenue beer shop Crafty’s, browse a range of stalls and keep the kids entertained with face-painting and funfair rides.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Revellers may want to try beer yoga, apple pressing and a new selfie-trail – and there’ll also be a racing pod, courtesy of Norton Way Group motors.
The festival is run by the Letchworth BID, also known as Love Letchworth, and sponsored by Progress Group cars.
Over the course of the weekend, the festival will also offer visitors live entertainment with a host of artists performing including musicians, singers, comedy sketches and dance performances.
The inaugural Beer & World Food Festival last year was so well attended that the Leys Square beer tent was drunk dry.
More than 100 stalls pitched up with food and drink specialties from around the world – and Tom guessed that as many as 8,000 or 9,000 people may have visited on the first day alone.
This year’s fun starts at 12 noon on each day, and goes on until 6pm.
You can download an event guide and find out more at loveletchworth.com.