Letchworth author releases engines book
A MAN’s love for engines has led him to publish his fourth book.
Author Barrie Woods, from Letchworth GC, has released Traction Engine Museum Guide, which is on sale at David’s Bookshop in the town.
The book details museums all over the UK where you can find traction engines of all types – steam rollers, steam fire engines, steam wagons, showman’s engines and portable engines.
The Eastern Way resident released a book of the same name in 2010 but after selling out last year was prompted to create a second larger edition, which features 154 locations and more than 570 engines.
Barrie said: “There are a number of local sites where these engines can be found including, Old Warden Aerodrome, Biggleswade Fire Station and Watford Fire Museum. Other collections of engines detailed are in Stotfold and near Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
“At Harlington a lone engine can be found and a couple more are in the Stockwood Museum in Luton. Others are located at such far flung places as the Isle of Man, Jersey, Ireland and all over the UK mainland, so the book is ideal to take on holiday!”
The book, which costs �8.50, is stocked at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap or can be purchased direct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards