Letchworth author holds Hitchin book launch party
A LAUNCH party is being held to mark the publication of an author’s second book.
On the back of the success of romantic thriller Beneath the Daises, Jayne-Marie Barker is now celebrating the release of Distant Shadows.
The dual time-frame mystery thriller is the second in a trilogy of books penned by the Letchworth GC resident and features two tales linked by one unsolved murder.
The author will be launching the novel at Waterstones in Hitchin from 6pm on Wednesday with live music, a reading from the book and a question and answer session.
Jayne-Marie will also be holding a book signing at the store in Market Place next Saturday, October 20, from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Jayne-Marie’s first publication came after eight years of trying but the author admitted this time it was more straight-forward.
She said: “It was a much easier process this time and I guess experience plays a big part. There is one character from the first book that is in the second so I already knew him and he was alive already.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
“I’m really pleased with the plot line. It was quite straightforward to put together but shouldn’t be revealed until the end. Hopefully people won’t solve it before then.”
Jayne-Marie had already written a third book, The Dancer’s Ghost, which has been agreed for publication next year.
Entry to the launch party is free but for tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jaynemariebarker.com for more information.