Letchworth author holds Hitchin book launch party
A LAUNCH party is being held to mark the publication of an author’s second book.
On the back of the success of romantic thriller Beneath the Daises, Jayne-Marie Barker is now celebrating the release of Distant Shadows.
The dual time-frame mystery thriller is the second in a trilogy of books penned by the Letchworth GC resident and features two tales linked by one unsolved murder.
The author will be launching the novel at Waterstones in Hitchin from 6pm on Wednesday with live music, a reading from the book and a question and answer session.
Jayne-Marie will also be holding a book signing at the store in Market Place next Saturday, October 20, from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Jayne-Marie’s first publication came after eight years of trying but the author admitted this time it was more straight-forward.
She said: “It was a much easier process this time and I guess experience plays a big part. There is one character from the first book that is in the second so I already knew him and he was alive already.
- 1 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 2 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 3 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
“I’m really pleased with the plot line. It was quite straightforward to put together but shouldn’t be revealed until the end. Hopefully people won’t solve it before then.”
Jayne-Marie had already written a third book, The Dancer’s Ghost, which has been agreed for publication next year.
Entry to the launch party is free but for tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jaynemariebarker.com for more information.