Want to win a cash prize of up to £500? Visit Letchworth town centre for some ‘crazy competitions’
- Credit: IWM Duxford
Letchworth town centre is set for 10 weeks of activities – with cash prizes of up to £500 up for grabs.
The Letchworth 10, described as "10 weeks of the most crazy competitions ever", is the brainchild of the Letchworth Business Improvement District - with the aim of encouraging families to visit the town centre.
Kicking things off is the the longest paper aeroplane flight competition, for which there is a £200 cash prize, on Saturday, January 18.
Town centre manager Chris Wilson told the Comet: "It's something new and exciting for the town centre.
"This is the first time we are trialling it and it's all fun family activities to bring people to the town centre. "We want Letchworth town centre to be a place where there's always something happening on a Saturday."
You may also want to watch:
The following weeks activities include the best two-minute performance, best cartoon, and best superhero.
Competitions are open to all. Entries prior to event are free, and entries on the day cost £10.
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
For more, go to loveletchworth.com/letchworth10.