Lauren goes solo as DIDI and releases debut single Sorry
- Credit: Archant
A singer, musician and record producer from Hertfordshire has released her debut solo single today.
Sorry by Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies is out today (Friday, March 24) with a follow up single expected in May.
Not many 21-year-olds can say that they have been in bands for 11 years.
However, Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies started off in a funk/grunge band when she was 10, progressed to a folkish ukulele harmony group at 15, and pop duo Delora in her late teens.
A career as a music producer has since beckoned, encouraged by her mother Helen Meissner’s Hertfordshire-based independent label Folkstock Records.
The label has gained multiple BBC Radio 2, Radio 3 and Radio 6 spins and reviews in national papers for its releases.
Considerable touring as a session guitarist over the last two years helped Lauren realise that her heart lay in performance as well as production.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
So she is launching an ‘indie’ music solo project called DIDI – pronounced Dee Dee – to showcase her songwriting and provide an outlet for her love of live performance.
Lauren has worked with Hitchin-based Cassy Paris from Bellanova Photography, and Welwyn photo artist Brian Hewitt for her images.
Search for DIDI on Spotify and iTunes, and follow on social media @iamdidimusic.
You can also listen to Sorry hear.