Lauren goes solo as DIDI and releases debut single Sorry
- Credit: Archant
A singer, musician and record producer from Hertfordshire has released her debut solo single today.
Sorry by Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies is out today (Friday, March 24) with a follow up single expected in May.
Not many 21-year-olds can say that they have been in bands for 11 years.
However, Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies started off in a funk/grunge band when she was 10, progressed to a folkish ukulele harmony group at 15, and pop duo Delora in her late teens.
A career as a music producer has since beckoned, encouraged by her mother Helen Meissner’s Hertfordshire-based independent label Folkstock Records.
You may also want to watch:
The label has gained multiple BBC Radio 2, Radio 3 and Radio 6 spins and reviews in national papers for its releases.
Considerable touring as a session guitarist over the last two years helped Lauren realise that her heart lay in performance as well as production.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
So she is launching an ‘indie’ music solo project called DIDI – pronounced Dee Dee – to showcase her songwriting and provide an outlet for her love of live performance.
Lauren has worked with Hitchin-based Cassy Paris from Bellanova Photography, and Welwyn photo artist Brian Hewitt for her images.
Search for DIDI on Spotify and iTunes, and follow on social media @iamdidimusic.
You can also listen to Sorry hear.