Lauren goes solo as DIDI and releases debut single Sorry
- Credit: Archant
A singer, musician and record producer from Hertfordshire has released her debut solo single today.
Sorry by Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies is out today (Friday, March 24) with a follow up single expected in May.
Not many 21-year-olds can say that they have been in bands for 11 years.
However, Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies started off in a funk/grunge band when she was 10, progressed to a folkish ukulele harmony group at 15, and pop duo Delora in her late teens.
A career as a music producer has since beckoned, encouraged by her mother Helen Meissner’s Hertfordshire-based independent label Folkstock Records.
The label has gained multiple BBC Radio 2, Radio 3 and Radio 6 spins and reviews in national papers for its releases.
Considerable touring as a session guitarist over the last two years helped Lauren realise that her heart lay in performance as well as production.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
So she is launching an ‘indie’ music solo project called DIDI – pronounced Dee Dee – to showcase her songwriting and provide an outlet for her love of live performance.
Lauren has worked with Hitchin-based Cassy Paris from Bellanova Photography, and Welwyn photo artist Brian Hewitt for her images.
Search for DIDI on Spotify and iTunes, and follow on social media @iamdidimusic.
You can also listen to Sorry hear.