Lauren goes solo as DIDI and releases debut single Sorry
- Credit: Archant
A singer, musician and record producer from Hertfordshire has released her debut solo single today.
Sorry by Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies is out today (Friday, March 24) with a follow up single expected in May.
Not many 21-year-olds can say that they have been in bands for 11 years.
However, Walkern-based Lauren Deakin Davies started off in a funk/grunge band when she was 10, progressed to a folkish ukulele harmony group at 15, and pop duo Delora in her late teens.
A career as a music producer has since beckoned, encouraged by her mother Helen Meissner’s Hertfordshire-based independent label Folkstock Records.
You may also want to watch:
The label has gained multiple BBC Radio 2, Radio 3 and Radio 6 spins and reviews in national papers for its releases.
Considerable touring as a session guitarist over the last two years helped Lauren realise that her heart lay in performance as well as production.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
So she is launching an ‘indie’ music solo project called DIDI – pronounced Dee Dee – to showcase her songwriting and provide an outlet for her love of live performance.
Lauren has worked with Hitchin-based Cassy Paris from Bellanova Photography, and Welwyn photo artist Brian Hewitt for her images.
Search for DIDI on Spotify and iTunes, and follow on social media @iamdidimusic.
You can also listen to Sorry hear.