Last Balstock fundraiser
A final fundraiser for Balstock takes place this weekend with two days of bands at the birthplace of what is now the biggest free festival in Hertfordshire.
Going back to where it all began, The Engine pub in Baldock will host an all-day line-up in a marquee on both Saturday and Sunday.
Organiser Graeme ‘G’ LaRoche said it will be like turning back the clock.
“I’m really excited about this last fundraiser – it’ll be like Balstock was back in 2007 with some of my favourite local bands giving their time for free for a great cause,” he said.
St Albans’ rockabilly Zipheads join Hitchin’s funk-rockers Indi And The Vegas, and Billy Skins 5th, One Night Stand, The Scallywags, No Sleep Til Bedtime, The Flow Broz and Kept In The Dark.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Sunday, Hertford’s The Folk line-up with Speedshot, Mr Speaker, Steph Scott, Deffered Sucess, Scott Mendez and G.
Balstock takes place from September 7 to 9, with over 120 acts across 11 venues around the town to raise funds to repair Baldock Town Hall.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV