Last Balstock fundraiser
A final fundraiser for Balstock takes place this weekend with two days of bands at the birthplace of what is now the biggest free festival in Hertfordshire.
Going back to where it all began, The Engine pub in Baldock will host an all-day line-up in a marquee on both Saturday and Sunday.
Organiser Graeme ‘G’ LaRoche said it will be like turning back the clock.
“I’m really excited about this last fundraiser – it’ll be like Balstock was back in 2007 with some of my favourite local bands giving their time for free for a great cause,” he said.
St Albans’ rockabilly Zipheads join Hitchin’s funk-rockers Indi And The Vegas, and Billy Skins 5th, One Night Stand, The Scallywags, No Sleep Til Bedtime, The Flow Broz and Kept In The Dark.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Sunday, Hertford’s The Folk line-up with Speedshot, Mr Speaker, Steph Scott, Deffered Sucess, Scott Mendez and G.
Balstock takes place from September 7 to 9, with over 120 acts across 11 venues around the town to raise funds to repair Baldock Town Hall.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys