Knights set to do battle at Knebworth House
MEDIAEVAL knights will once again be riding into Knebworth with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
With more than 20 years’ experience, the Knights of Royal England Company will perform in an authentic jousting tournament arena at Knebworth House using specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents.
The annual event, on Sunday, September 4, promises two jousts on the day, one at 12.30pm and another at 2.30pm, as the knights take part in fierce battles and stunts on their warhorses.
Fort Knebworth and Adventure Playground will also be open with its swings, bouncy castle and giant slides, as well as the miniature railway.
Families can also explore the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago.
Day tickets cost �8 per person, with a family ticket valid for any four people, adults or children, at �28.
Visitors aged under four go free.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
Discounted tickets for event days are available in advance from www.knebworthhouse.com
Alternatively, call Charlotte Nichol on 01438 812661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org