Knights set to do battle at Knebworth House
MEDIAEVAL knights will once again be riding into Knebworth with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
With more than 20 years’ experience, the Knights of Royal England Company will perform in an authentic jousting tournament arena at Knebworth House using specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents.
The annual event, on Sunday, September 4, promises two jousts on the day, one at 12.30pm and another at 2.30pm, as the knights take part in fierce battles and stunts on their warhorses.
Fort Knebworth and Adventure Playground will also be open with its swings, bouncy castle and giant slides, as well as the miniature railway.
Families can also explore the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Day tickets cost �8 per person, with a family ticket valid for any four people, adults or children, at �28.
Visitors aged under four go free.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Discounted tickets for event days are available in advance from www.knebworthhouse.com
Alternatively, call Charlotte Nichol on 01438 812661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org