Knights set to do battle at Knebworth House
MEDIAEVAL knights will once again be riding into Knebworth with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
With more than 20 years’ experience, the Knights of Royal England Company will perform in an authentic jousting tournament arena at Knebworth House using specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents.
The annual event, on Sunday, September 4, promises two jousts on the day, one at 12.30pm and another at 2.30pm, as the knights take part in fierce battles and stunts on their warhorses.
Fort Knebworth and Adventure Playground will also be open with its swings, bouncy castle and giant slides, as well as the miniature railway.
Families can also explore the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Day tickets cost �8 per person, with a family ticket valid for any four people, adults or children, at �28.
Visitors aged under four go free.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
Discounted tickets for event days are available in advance from www.knebworthhouse.com
Alternatively, call Charlotte Nichol on 01438 812661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org