Knights set to do battle at Knebworth House
MEDIAEVAL knights will once again be riding into Knebworth with a line-up of wild action, hand-to-hand combat and equestrian skill.
With more than 20 years’ experience, the Knights of Royal England Company will perform in an authentic jousting tournament arena at Knebworth House using specially-built props, equipment, flags, a royal box and medieval tents.
The annual event, on Sunday, September 4, promises two jousts on the day, one at 12.30pm and another at 2.30pm, as the knights take part in fierce battles and stunts on their warhorses.
Fort Knebworth and Adventure Playground will also be open with its swings, bouncy castle and giant slides, as well as the miniature railway.
Families can also explore the Wilderness Garden, home to 72 life-size dinosaurs, models of creatures that roamed the earth millions of years ago.
Day tickets cost �8 per person, with a family ticket valid for any four people, adults or children, at �28.
Visitors aged under four go free.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
Discounted tickets for event days are available in advance from www.knebworthhouse.com
Alternatively, call Charlotte Nichol on 01438 812661 or email email@example.com