Pumpkin trail tickets go on sale for popular Knebworth House Halloween event
- Credit: Knebworth House
Tickets for Knebworth House’s popular annual Pumpkin Trail & Treats have gone on sale.
The Halloween event will return to the historic Hertfordshire stately home from Tuesday, October 30 to Thursday, November 1 – and is expected to sell out fast.
Pumpkin Trail & Treats will take place over three consecutive days during the autumn half-term, from noon to 4pm each day, with last admission at 2pm to allow time to do the trail.
Children are invited to participate in a series of fun games and activities and earn stamps on their ‘Pumpkin Passport’ from the costumed staff on duty at each station.
There will be a varied range of games, including old favourites such as ‘Terror Tunnel’ and ‘What’s in the Box?’.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters complete the passport by collecting all of the stamps to claim a goody bag from the Knebworth gift shop.
To get in the spirit for the pumpkin activities and trail, visitors are encouraged to wear Halloween fancy dress – yes, adults too!
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 3 Body found in search for missing woman
- 4 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 8 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 9 'Incredible response' to music festival's line-up announcement
- 10 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
Each day there will be a competition, which is judged at 3pm in the Garden Terrace Tea Room.
Children are also encouraged to bring along a pumpkin that they have pre-decorated as there is a daily prize for the best.
There have been some amazing pumpkins over the years, but the judges will be looking for pumpkins that are mostly the child’s own work, rather than those decorated by adults.
Other pumpkin activities will include storytelling, the ‘Pumpkin Bag Tree’ where participants can claim an extra reward if they guess the correct number of pumpkins hanging in the tree, and fun competitions.
Adult tickets cost £3.50, and it is £6.95 for children (age guideline 3-10).
To avoid disappointment it is recommend that you buy tickets early.
Non-participating under three are free.
Children under three are welcome to join in, but parents must purchase a Pumpkin Trail ticket for them so they can have a Pumpkin Passport and goody bag prize. Most but not all of the activities are accessible for under threes.
• For more information and ticketing please visit the Knebworth House website www.knebworthhouse.com, or phone the Estate Office on 01438 812661.