Knebworth House hosts ‘Hands-on History’ weekend
TRAVEL back in time next weekend with a historic family fun day which takes visitors from Tudor times to Victorian.
Knebworth House, the home of the Lytton family since 1490, is putting on their ‘Hands-on History’ weekend from Saturday, August 14, to Sunday, August 15, with a host of activities for all both inside and out.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities inside the famous stately home including calligraphy, dressing in Tudor and Victorian costumes, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments, learning a dance and designing your own coat of arms.
Entertainment in the gardens include spinning, tablet weaving, finger braiding, rush matting, brass rubbing and Victorian bowling.
There will also be artisans will on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts, while the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery with an opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance for the event is �10.50 for adults and �10 concessions.
A family ticket for four people is �37 while children under four go free.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts
To book or for further information contact Charlotte Farrer on 01438 810931 or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com