Knebworth House hosts ‘Hands-on History’ weekend
TRAVEL back in time next weekend with a historic family fun day which takes visitors from Tudor times to Victorian.
Knebworth House, the home of the Lytton family since 1490, is putting on their ‘Hands-on History’ weekend from Saturday, August 14, to Sunday, August 15, with a host of activities for all both inside and out.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities inside the famous stately home including calligraphy, dressing in Tudor and Victorian costumes, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments, learning a dance and designing your own coat of arms.
Entertainment in the gardens include spinning, tablet weaving, finger braiding, rush matting, brass rubbing and Victorian bowling.
There will also be artisans will on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts, while the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery with an opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance for the event is �10.50 for adults and �10 concessions.
A family ticket for four people is �37 while children under four go free.
- 1 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 9 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
To book or for further information contact Charlotte Farrer on 01438 810931 or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com