Knebworth House hosts ‘Hands-on History’ weekend
TRAVEL back in time next weekend with a historic family fun day which takes visitors from Tudor times to Victorian.
Knebworth House, the home of the Lytton family since 1490, is putting on their ‘Hands-on History’ weekend from Saturday, August 14, to Sunday, August 15, with a host of activities for all both inside and out.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities inside the famous stately home including calligraphy, dressing in Tudor and Victorian costumes, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments, learning a dance and designing your own coat of arms.
Entertainment in the gardens include spinning, tablet weaving, finger braiding, rush matting, brass rubbing and Victorian bowling.
There will also be artisans will on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts, while the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery with an opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows.
Entrance for the event is �10.50 for adults and �10 concessions.
A family ticket for four people is �37 while children under four go free.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
To book or for further information contact Charlotte Farrer on 01438 810931 or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com