Knebworth House hosts ‘Hands-on History’ weekend
TRAVEL back in time next weekend with a historic family fun day which takes visitors from Tudor times to Victorian.
Knebworth House, the home of the Lytton family since 1490, is putting on their ‘Hands-on History’ weekend from Saturday, August 14, to Sunday, August 15, with a host of activities for all both inside and out.
There will be opportunities to enjoy various activities inside the famous stately home including calligraphy, dressing in Tudor and Victorian costumes, hearing and playing Tudor musical instruments, learning a dance and designing your own coat of arms.
Entertainment in the gardens include spinning, tablet weaving, finger braiding, rush matting, brass rubbing and Victorian bowling.
There will also be artisans will on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts, while the Knebworth archery team will give a display of longbow archery with an opportunity for visitors to shoot some arrows.
Entrance for the event is �10.50 for adults and �10 concessions.
A family ticket for four people is �37 while children under four go free.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music
To book or for further information contact Charlotte Farrer on 01438 810931 or visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com