King of the Beats
A rapper and producer who ran a series of massive hip hop nights in his hometown has released a single with a legendary New York rapper.
The new release by Hitchin’s Danny Spice of Cog Records features Craig G who has recorded with the likes of Marly Marl, Pete Rock and Large Professor, as well as writing the freestyle battle rhymes in Eminem’s 8 Mile movie.
Danny, who put on the live hip hop Back Bone events at the former Remix nightclub in 2008 and 2009, said: “This record is very special as it features one of the greatest rappers to ever come out of New York. He has been releasing records for over 25 years now and has worked with the best in business.
“Craig’s lines pay respect to the producer, as well as the age old art of crate digging.”
The single, King of the Beat, is a drum heavy track full of suspense, taken from Danny’s upcoming album King Among Thieves. A vinyl purist, Danny uses only records to record his music, so no samples, PCs or drum machines get house room in his studio.
“There are no added preservatives here,” Danny said. “Just uncut hip hop in its purist form – some break beats, turntables and a sampler, and an ill MC job done.”
The single is available to download from iTunes and Amazon, and there are also 300 limited edition vinyl singles available at David’s Music in Letchworth.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
To watch the video for the single, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAnWXi8P_M