King of the Beats
A rapper and producer who ran a series of massive hip hop nights in his hometown has released a single with a legendary New York rapper.
The new release by Hitchin’s Danny Spice of Cog Records features Craig G who has recorded with the likes of Marly Marl, Pete Rock and Large Professor, as well as writing the freestyle battle rhymes in Eminem’s 8 Mile movie.
Danny, who put on the live hip hop Back Bone events at the former Remix nightclub in 2008 and 2009, said: “This record is very special as it features one of the greatest rappers to ever come out of New York. He has been releasing records for over 25 years now and has worked with the best in business.
“Craig’s lines pay respect to the producer, as well as the age old art of crate digging.”
The single, King of the Beat, is a drum heavy track full of suspense, taken from Danny’s upcoming album King Among Thieves. A vinyl purist, Danny uses only records to record his music, so no samples, PCs or drum machines get house room in his studio.
You may also want to watch:
“There are no added preservatives here,” Danny said. “Just uncut hip hop in its purist form – some break beats, turntables and a sampler, and an ill MC job done.”
The single is available to download from iTunes and Amazon, and there are also 300 limited edition vinyl singles available at David’s Music in Letchworth.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
To watch the video for the single, go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAnWXi8P_M