Key dates for the calendar as Hitchin church tunes up for concerts
- Credit: Archant
Music is the key to celebrating an important anniversary for a Hitchin church over the coming weeks.
Holy Saviour Church in Radcliffe Road is marking its 150th anniversary with a programme of events.
First up on Saturday, March 14, the Holy Saviour choir and the Radcliffe Singers will be joining forces with the Gainsford Ensemble, conducted by Trevor Hughes, with Vivaldi’s Gloria and Faure’s Requiem on the programme.
Admission, including refreshments, is £10 (£8 concessions) and students get in free.
Later in the month, a Sunday afternoon performance by Trevor Hughes (organ and keyboard) and Gillian Hughes (clarinet) will include works by Elgar, Parry, Stanford, Bach, Mozart, Karg-Elert, and Jongen.
The same ticket prices apply for this concert, which starts at 3.30pm on Sunday, March 29.
Call 01462 646257 or email email@example.com for further information.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
This weekend singers who are rehearsing for a performance of the Brahms Requiem in May will be gathering at the church.
It’s not too late to get involved in the celebration concert – Sunday’s free rehearsal session starts at 3,30pm, and you can find out more online at www.holysaviourhitchin.org.uk.