Key dates for the calendar as Hitchin church tunes up for concerts
- Credit: Archant
Music is the key to celebrating an important anniversary for a Hitchin church over the coming weeks.
Holy Saviour Church in Radcliffe Road is marking its 150th anniversary with a programme of events.
First up on Saturday, March 14, the Holy Saviour choir and the Radcliffe Singers will be joining forces with the Gainsford Ensemble, conducted by Trevor Hughes, with Vivaldi’s Gloria and Faure’s Requiem on the programme.
Admission, including refreshments, is £10 (£8 concessions) and students get in free.
Later in the month, a Sunday afternoon performance by Trevor Hughes (organ and keyboard) and Gillian Hughes (clarinet) will include works by Elgar, Parry, Stanford, Bach, Mozart, Karg-Elert, and Jongen.
You may also want to watch:
The same ticket prices apply for this concert, which starts at 3.30pm on Sunday, March 29.
Call 01462 646257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 CCTV appeal after window smashed at bowls club
- 8 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 9 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
This weekend singers who are rehearsing for a performance of the Brahms Requiem in May will be gathering at the church.
It’s not too late to get involved in the celebration concert – Sunday’s free rehearsal session starts at 3,30pm, and you can find out more online at www.holysaviourhitchin.org.uk.