Key dates for the calendar as Hitchin church tunes up for concerts
- Credit: Archant
Music is the key to celebrating an important anniversary for a Hitchin church over the coming weeks.
Holy Saviour Church in Radcliffe Road is marking its 150th anniversary with a programme of events.
First up on Saturday, March 14, the Holy Saviour choir and the Radcliffe Singers will be joining forces with the Gainsford Ensemble, conducted by Trevor Hughes, with Vivaldi’s Gloria and Faure’s Requiem on the programme.
Admission, including refreshments, is £10 (£8 concessions) and students get in free.
Later in the month, a Sunday afternoon performance by Trevor Hughes (organ and keyboard) and Gillian Hughes (clarinet) will include works by Elgar, Parry, Stanford, Bach, Mozart, Karg-Elert, and Jongen.
You may also want to watch:
The same ticket prices apply for this concert, which starts at 3.30pm on Sunday, March 29.
Call 01462 646257 or email email@example.com for further information.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
This weekend singers who are rehearsing for a performance of the Brahms Requiem in May will be gathering at the church.
It’s not too late to get involved in the celebration concert – Sunday’s free rehearsal session starts at 3,30pm, and you can find out more online at www.holysaviourhitchin.org.uk.