Keep your kids entertained at Letchworth Arts Centre
A FEAST of fun activities to keep the kids entertained during the summer holidays launches next week.
Letchworth Arts Centre will kick-off with drama workshops run by the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy from 9.30am-3.30pm on Thursday and Friday, July 26 and 27, aimed at six to 16-year-olds. Sessions are �50 for the two.
On Monday, July 30, the Arts Centre’s I Am An Artist programme starts, running from 10am to midday on Monday to Thursday mornings for two weeks until August 9. Sessions cost �8 or �7.50 for members.
The centre will also be holding a variety of craft workshops for 12 to 19-year-olds on Tuesday afternoons from July 31 to August 14, as part of North Herts Summer Fun activities put on by Herts County Council,
Looking further ahead, the centre in The Arcade has linked with the Hertfordshire Careers Service for Garden City Explorers Week workshops for 10 to 14-year-olds on Monday to Friday, August 20 to 24.
The week costs �75. All bookings made and paid for before August 10 will be entered in a �100 prize draw.
Drama takes centre stage again at the end of August with Roald Dahl Wizard Mania for six to nine-year-olds, staged by the Box of Frogs Theatre School. Harry Potter comes together with Roald Dahl’s amazing stories for mornings of drama games, music and dance and afternoons of creative arts, crafts and quizzes. The workshops run from 10am to 4pm each day from August 28 to 31 and cost �30 a day.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
For more information about these events, call Letchworth Arts Centre on 01462 670788 or visit www.letchwortharts.org