Jumping Jive and Rock n Roll at Preston charity day
Bands are giving their time and talents for free on Saturday to raise money for research into a rare life-limiting condition.
Seven-piece swing-jive band Genie And The Jive Bombers headline the event at The Red Lion in Preston to help tackle cystinosis – a condition that prevents the kidneys working properly in around 4,000 people worldwide.
The Bombers delightful four-part all-girl harmonies and thumping jazz backing will keep the place jumping after performances by authentic Rock n Rollers Just For Kicks and Red Hot Chili youngsters The Informatives.
Landlord Ray Lambe said the cause is dear to his heart, as his cousin’s two children both have the disease.
“We are trying to raise money to develop drugs. Because it is rare the drug companies do not see a profit in it. What research has done so far is move the life expectancy back 10 years.”
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s annual events have raised over �20,000 for the cause, as part of a million pound effort worldwide to treat the condition.
The music kicks off at 5pm, with a beer festival, hog roast and mini-Olympics also taking place.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour