Joint Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective concert
- Credit: Archant
Jazz and strings have gone other for longer than many people think – and they’ll be back together in Hitchin next weekend.
The Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective will be putting on an evening of jazz, song and strings at St Mary’s Church on Saturday, June 23.
As well as joint pieces, the two groups will perform some of their respective repertoires separately.
Featuring will be Letchworth vocalist Izzy Doncaster, and alto and soprano sax player Alan Lewis.
Paul Woodin, who has brought the show together, said: “I am really excited to be joining forces with the orchestra for this, their first jazz concert with our newly formed Hitchin Jazz Collective.”
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm, with tickets £14 on the door (£7 for students). In advance, tickets are £12 for adults and £6 for students and children. For more see hitchinchamberorchestra.org.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 10 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards