Joint Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective concert
- Credit: Archant
Jazz and strings have gone other for longer than many people think – and they’ll be back together in Hitchin next weekend.
The Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective will be putting on an evening of jazz, song and strings at St Mary’s Church on Saturday, June 23.
As well as joint pieces, the two groups will perform some of their respective repertoires separately.
Featuring will be Letchworth vocalist Izzy Doncaster, and alto and soprano sax player Alan Lewis.
Paul Woodin, who has brought the show together, said: “I am really excited to be joining forces with the orchestra for this, their first jazz concert with our newly formed Hitchin Jazz Collective.”
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm, with tickets £14 on the door (£7 for students). In advance, tickets are £12 for adults and £6 for students and children. For more see hitchinchamberorchestra.org.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Donations pour in for memorial garden in tribute to teacher who died from COVID-19
- 5 Dogwalker dismayed after discovering more than 50 bags of poo on his walk
- 6 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after Hitchin robbery
- 8 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 9 Fundraising Batman cycles across three villages in bid to lose weight
- 10 Coercive control, gaslighting and love bombing - pupils urged to identify toxic relationships during lockdown