Joint Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective concert
- Credit: Archant
Jazz and strings have gone other for longer than many people think – and they’ll be back together in Hitchin next weekend.
The Hitchin Chamber Orchestra and Hitchin Jazz Collective will be putting on an evening of jazz, song and strings at St Mary’s Church on Saturday, June 23.
As well as joint pieces, the two groups will perform some of their respective repertoires separately.
Featuring will be Letchworth vocalist Izzy Doncaster, and alto and soprano sax player Alan Lewis.
Paul Woodin, who has brought the show together, said: “I am really excited to be joining forces with the orchestra for this, their first jazz concert with our newly formed Hitchin Jazz Collective.”
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 7.30pm, with tickets £14 on the door (£7 for students). In advance, tickets are £12 for adults and £6 for students and children. For more see hitchinchamberorchestra.org.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 6 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 7 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 10 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed