Join the party in the park
ONE of the major music events of the summer is here! Music lovers from all over should sit themselves down on a spot of Fairlands Valley Park this Sunday and enjoy Rock in the Park. All we can hope for is that the sky will be a deep blue and the clouds wi
ONE of the major music events of the summer is here!
Music lovers from all over should sit themselves down on a spot of Fairlands Valley Park this Sunday and enjoy Rock in the Park.
All we can hope for is that the sky will be a deep blue and the clouds will sneak on by without as much as a whimper because the wealth of talent on display deserves a nice sunny day.
So who are the Gods of music playing on Sunday?
The New Town Centres kick off the event at 12.30pm, followed by the legendary, the wonderful, The Mighty Wonderfuls.
Next up are samba band Toque Tambor, who will be playing the first of two 20 minute spots. John Hancock and Vicious Cabaret are the final acts before fun lovers will be afforded a break to grab a sarnie from Frank Costello's BBQ.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 10 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
Toque Tambor will be back with another 20 minutes of beats at 4.25. They will then make way for The Leading Edge, My Pet Junkie and The Funky Monks.
Gekko are the final act, taking the stage at 7.10pm.
Organizer Jane Tobbitt managed to find five minutes of her busy schedule in order to speak to The Comet.
"I am looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing The Leading Edge, The Might Wonderfuls, all of them. I like them all. They are all good bands.
"We also have a merchandising tent, I'll be there. Bands can sell their CDs and other bits and pieces and we'll also have some rock in the park t-shirts.
"One thing that is necessary to get out there is that people should not bring their own barbecue sets as they will be confiscated.
"Also, it will be safer if they don't bring glass. There will be recycling bins there on the day."
How the bands will line up
12.30pm-1.05 The New Town Centres
1.15-1.50 The Mighty Wonderfuls
2.00-2.20 Toque Tambor
2.30-3.05 John Hancock
3.15-3.50 Vicious Cabaret
4.25-4.45 Toque Tambor
4.55-5.30 The Leading Edge
5.40-6.15 My Pet Junkie
6.25-7.00 The Funky Monks