JOANovArc on Xbox Rock Band
Rock goddesses JOANovARC have scored a major coup – getting worldwide attention as one of the groups featured on the latest Xbox Rock Band game.
The all-girl rock four-piece from Stevenage are the first British female band to feature on the game which is in the shops now, with their track Sisters.
Lead singer and bassist Sam Walker said the opportunity came after signing a publishing deal in the USA which has lead the band into the American market.
After a European tour this summer promoting their new five-track EP, the band are back and are playing at Club85 for a special Xbox 360 Rock Band 3 gig.
Sam said: “It’s an all ages daytime gig where the kids can try out the computer game for free with all the instruments.” Supporting JovA will be surf-pop lovers Gentlemen’s Club, straight-up rockers Here Comes The Black Out and Stevenage acoustic duo Eyes of Alisa.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gig on Sunday November 27 are a fiver. Doors open at 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death