Jimmy Carr to provide Stevenage with ‘Laughter Therapy’
JIMMY Carr will be providing Laughter Therapy when he takes to a Stevenage stage this month.
The serial stand-up comedian is now on his ninth solo show which will contain all the usual non-stop jokes, gags and banter on June 25.
Named the ‘Funniest Man In Britain’ this year by readers of men’s magazine Zoo, Carr’s latest offering has a simple premise: ‘if you’ve got a sick sense of humour then maybe laughter is the best medicine’.
Although be warned, he says it’s “not to be taken if you have a sensitive disposition or an overactive moral compass” and the recommended dose is “one brand new show to be taken annually (I said annually)”.
Tickets for Laughter Therapy at the Gordon Craig Theatre have already sold out for the 7pm showing, but are still available at �25 for a second 10pm performance.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01438 894902 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to book.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 10 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter