Jenny’s coming all the way from Vancouver to Baldock, just to play for you...
- Credit: Archant
Highly-regarded Canadian Jenny Ritter and her band are including the Baldock & Letchworth Folk and Roots in their UK schedule.
They’ll be at Baldock’s Orange Tree next Wednesday, February 3, and while they’re over on this side of the pond they also have prestige dates at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall and the Celtic Connections festival.
Originally from Vancouver, Jennie’s music has been labelled indie-folk, and her most recent album Raised By Wolves won rave reviews.
As well as a virtuoso on banjo and guitar she has been acclaimed for her clear, sweet vocals and beautiful melodies.
Her lyrics reflect a lonely upbringing deep in the woods, rife with pastoral imagery and wild animals scratching at the doors.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 (£10 concessions) with U16s getting in free.
It all kicks off from 8.40pm and you can get more details at www.madnanny.co.uk.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV