Jenny’s coming all the way from Vancouver to Baldock, just to play for you...
- Credit: Archant
Highly-regarded Canadian Jenny Ritter and her band are including the Baldock & Letchworth Folk and Roots in their UK schedule.
They’ll be at Baldock’s Orange Tree next Wednesday, February 3, and while they’re over on this side of the pond they also have prestige dates at Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall and the Celtic Connections festival.
Originally from Vancouver, Jennie’s music has been labelled indie-folk, and her most recent album Raised By Wolves won rave reviews.
As well as a virtuoso on banjo and guitar she has been acclaimed for her clear, sweet vocals and beautiful melodies.
Her lyrics reflect a lonely upbringing deep in the woods, rife with pastoral imagery and wild animals scratching at the doors.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 (£10 concessions) with U16s getting in free.
It all kicks off from 8.40pm and you can get more details at www.madnanny.co.uk.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 6 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 7 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 10 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'