Jazz trio swing back into Hitchin
A TRIO of musicians return to Hitchin on Tuesday for a night of gipsy-inspired jazz.
The Viktor Obsust Trio will be appearing at Benslow Music’s Morrison Hall for Jazz Manouche II - an evening of moody and virtuosic jazz inspired by the gipsy tradition of Django Reinhardt.
World-renowned bassist Viktor will perform with his two colleages, accordionist Maurizio Minardi and guitarist Andrea Quintarelli.
Stephen Pettitt, Benslow Music’s director of music, said: “We’re honoured to welcome back this truly astounding group of musicians for a second round of gipsy-inspired jazz following their highly successful evening here last year.
“Their virtuosity will dazzle as much as their ability to summon contemplative atmospheres will seduce. And the sheer originality of their take on the gipsy jazz traditions first cultivated by the great Django Reinhardt in post-war Paris is something very special indeed. An event truly not to be missed.”
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets cost �10 but are free for full-time students.
Call 01462 459446 to book or purchase tickets either at David’s Music Shop in Letchworth GC or Hitchin Town Centre Initiative.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?