Jazz trio swing back into Hitchin
A TRIO of musicians return to Hitchin on Tuesday for a night of gipsy-inspired jazz.
The Viktor Obsust Trio will be appearing at Benslow Music’s Morrison Hall for Jazz Manouche II - an evening of moody and virtuosic jazz inspired by the gipsy tradition of Django Reinhardt.
World-renowned bassist Viktor will perform with his two colleages, accordionist Maurizio Minardi and guitarist Andrea Quintarelli.
Stephen Pettitt, Benslow Music’s director of music, said: “We’re honoured to welcome back this truly astounding group of musicians for a second round of gipsy-inspired jazz following their highly successful evening here last year.
“Their virtuosity will dazzle as much as their ability to summon contemplative atmospheres will seduce. And the sheer originality of their take on the gipsy jazz traditions first cultivated by the great Django Reinhardt in post-war Paris is something very special indeed. An event truly not to be missed.”
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets cost �10 but are free for full-time students.
Call 01462 459446 to book or purchase tickets either at David’s Music Shop in Letchworth GC or Hitchin Town Centre Initiative.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker