Jazz trio swing back into Hitchin
A TRIO of musicians return to Hitchin on Tuesday for a night of gipsy-inspired jazz.
The Viktor Obsust Trio will be appearing at Benslow Music’s Morrison Hall for Jazz Manouche II - an evening of moody and virtuosic jazz inspired by the gipsy tradition of Django Reinhardt.
World-renowned bassist Viktor will perform with his two colleages, accordionist Maurizio Minardi and guitarist Andrea Quintarelli.
Stephen Pettitt, Benslow Music’s director of music, said: “We’re honoured to welcome back this truly astounding group of musicians for a second round of gipsy-inspired jazz following their highly successful evening here last year.
“Their virtuosity will dazzle as much as their ability to summon contemplative atmospheres will seduce. And the sheer originality of their take on the gipsy jazz traditions first cultivated by the great Django Reinhardt in post-war Paris is something very special indeed. An event truly not to be missed.”
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets cost �10 but are free for full-time students.
Call 01462 459446 to book or purchase tickets either at David’s Music Shop in Letchworth GC or Hitchin Town Centre Initiative.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?