James Morrison – Undiscovered - Polydor
Straight in at the top of the charts with your debut album is always a dangerous place to go. Before most people have even heard of you the media backlash has begun. But the money poured into James makes it look as though he ll weather the storm as mums a
Straight in at the top of the charts with your debut album is always a dangerous place to go.
Before most people have even heard of you the media backlash has begun. But the money poured into James makes it look as though he'll weather the storm as mums and Mondeo men take the soulful swoon of his debut single You Give Me Something to their hearts.
The 21-year-old's soulful, raspy voice is enigmatic and distinctive, and when married to a memorable tune sounds like best-seller status is a deserved, foregone conclusion.
But much of the album flounders, trapping James' stunning voice in a mediocre soup of indifferent melodies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour