James Blunt, Tom Jones and Dizzee Rascal to play at Newmarket Racecourses
A day at Newmarket Racecourses is not just about the horses and a flutter this summer, with some of the biggest names in music taking to the stage.
The entertainment – which follows an afternoon of racing – kicks off with James Arthur on May 31, before Adnams Newmarket Nights return in June for their 28th season.
Visitors can look forward to the following acts at the Suffolk venue:
• 20th June (Here And Now);
• 27th June (James Blunt);
You may also want to watch:
• 18th July (The Beach Boys);
• 25th July (to be announced);
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 3 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 4 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 5 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
- 6 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 10 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
• 1st August (Tom Jones);
• 8th August (Dizzee Rascal);
• 15th August (Wet Wet Wet).
The season then closes with another Saturday show, this time from Peter Andre on August 23.
Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “As befits The July Course every summer, we have a fantastic line-up of musical entertainment for the summer of 2014. Tickets are being purchased in advance in big numbers and we are looking forward to nine great days and evening when flat racing comes together with music from ‘Jockey Club Live’.”
Adult prices are £29, £21 and £15 respectively for ‘Summer Saturdays Live’, as well as the opening ‘Here And Now’ Adnams Newmarket Night.
Other Newmarket Nights prices range from £23 to £40 depending on choice of enclosure and particular concert.
Tickets for children aged from five to 17 are priced for the three enclosures at £16, £13 and £10 respectively for ‘Summer Saturdays Live’ and £18, £17 and £12 respectively for all Adnams Newmarket Nights.
Children’s tickets are limited and must be purchased in conjunction with adult tickets. Once the reduced price child ticket allocation has been reached, adult prices apply. All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets are on sale at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk and by telephone on 0844 579 3010.