It’s your turn again, Whittington
THE MAGIC is almost upon us as preparations get under way for this year s Christmas panto at The Gordon Craig Theatre. Prepare to be dazzled by an all-singing, all-dancing adaptation of Dick Whittington – a magical fairytale with side-splitting comedy and
THE MAGIC is almost upon us as preparations get under way for this year's Christmas panto at The Gordon Craig Theatre.
Prepare to be dazzled by an all-singing, all-dancing adaptation of Dick Whittington - a magical fairytale with side-splitting comedy and heart-melting romance.
Stars of the show include Sheila Ferguson - of Three Degrees fame - and Stefan Booth - better known as one of the boys in blue on ITV's long-running show The Bill.
Stefan, who plays Dick Whittington, began his acting career with a two-year stint playing heartbreaker Jamie in Channel 4's Hollyoaks.
More recently he got his skates on for ITV's Dancing on Ice and has also played the lead role in the stage production of Summer Holiday.
Sheila, who has appeared on ITV's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, plays Fairy Bowbells in the Christmas show.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
No stranger to the stage, Sheila's West End performances include Thoroughly Modern Milly, Oh What a Night and Soul Train.
Joining the cast will be a feast of old favourites like panto veteran Paul Laidlaw, who will direct the show and don the frocks to play the dame.
Back by popular demand, Ben Roddy - who played Herman the Henchman in last year's Snow White - will play the ship's captain.
Another favourite, Scott St Martyn, will play Alderman Fitzwarren and the Sultan of Morocco.
The panto runs from November 25 to February 3. Tickets start at £11.50 and are already on sale. To book, call the box office on 08700 131 030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk