It’s ultra Violet
AHEAD of their appearance at Shorty s Sports Bar in Hitchin tomorrow (Friday) evening, Violet Martinez s Pierre gave us the low-down on their new single, supporting The Suffrajets and why people should be excited about the North Herts music scene. At the
AHEAD of their appearance at Shorty's Sports Bar in Hitchin tomorrow (Friday) evening, Violet Martinez's Pierre gave us the low-down on their new single, supporting The Suffrajets and why people should be excited about the North Herts music scene.
"At the moment we are writing some new material while doing gigs in and around North Herts," he said.
"We're tired of watching uninspiring bands that label themselves as indie as the British music scene has seen far too much of that lately and it's definitely time to move on.
"Other than in North Herts we've played with larger bands in Bedford, such as The Suffrajets and Fell City Girl, who were both awesome to hear as well as to watch.
"It would be good to have a few more signed bands playing in Hitchin, as we have some wonderful venues with similarly wicked bands to support, but so far nothing has happened like this.
"Why can they play in Bedford but not here?"
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 10 What's the future Queen doing in a sandpit in Hertfordshire?
Violet, who will be playing alongside Rubik, Ardent Kicks and The New Town Centres at Shorty's, will be using the event as an EP release party to drum up support for their two latest three-track singles Why Eat When You Can Look Good? and You Need More Time With Bruce Willis.
"Why Eat... and You Need... are both about meeting the same girl and two different opinions that I had on her at the time. I thought it would then be fitting to release them on two different CDs as an extended metaphor."
Violet will be releasing a remix of Why Eat... on Twisted Frequency Records which will be available in HMV.
"All in all, we want young and older people to check out our unashamedly poppy tunes, and to taste some of the talent that is around in the local scene, especially bands that are attempting to do something different rather than digging up old riffs from the past.
"It's time to get excited about music in North Herts again.