It’s ultra Violet
AHEAD of their appearance at Shorty s Sports Bar in Hitchin tomorrow (Friday) evening, Violet Martinez s Pierre gave us the low-down on their new single, supporting The Suffrajets and why people should be excited about the North Herts music scene. At the
AHEAD of their appearance at Shorty's Sports Bar in Hitchin tomorrow (Friday) evening, Violet Martinez's Pierre gave us the low-down on their new single, supporting The Suffrajets and why people should be excited about the North Herts music scene.
"At the moment we are writing some new material while doing gigs in and around North Herts," he said.
"We're tired of watching uninspiring bands that label themselves as indie as the British music scene has seen far too much of that lately and it's definitely time to move on.
"Other than in North Herts we've played with larger bands in Bedford, such as The Suffrajets and Fell City Girl, who were both awesome to hear as well as to watch.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be good to have a few more signed bands playing in Hitchin, as we have some wonderful venues with similarly wicked bands to support, but so far nothing has happened like this.
"Why can they play in Bedford but not here?"
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 10 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
Violet, who will be playing alongside Rubik, Ardent Kicks and The New Town Centres at Shorty's, will be using the event as an EP release party to drum up support for their two latest three-track singles Why Eat When You Can Look Good? and You Need More Time With Bruce Willis.
"Why Eat... and You Need... are both about meeting the same girl and two different opinions that I had on her at the time. I thought it would then be fitting to release them on two different CDs as an extended metaphor."
Violet will be releasing a remix of Why Eat... on Twisted Frequency Records which will be available in HMV.
"All in all, we want young and older people to check out our unashamedly poppy tunes, and to taste some of the talent that is around in the local scene, especially bands that are attempting to do something different rather than digging up old riffs from the past.
"It's time to get excited about music in North Herts again.