It’s LOUD! at Club85
An electronica and dance special is set to melt your little ears off on Saturday.
Hosted by Rogue, the Club85 night called LOUD! (I think there’s a clue in the title) will feature two bands who should have the place going nuts.
The mighty London-based five-piece, Coda, who morph live trombone, drum and guitar with samples will take to the stage with support from breakbeat specialists Teflon Child.
Promoter Charlie Frame said: “We figured it’s all become a bit quiet around the Hitchin area of late, so we decided to book Coda, a multi-piece outfit who merge live instruments with electronics to create a unique dubstep sound. They’ve been playing all round the country over the summer, and I was lucky to catch them at Secret Garden Party in Huntingdon where they absolutely smashed it!
“Joining them will be the Welwyn-based electronic band Teflon Child who are no strangers to the North Herts area and have more recently recruited To The Moon and Otters member Dennis White to their crew.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also be featuring drum’n’bass, dancehall, dubstep and funky DJs in the shape of Variations (Mutual Party) and Sub Pirates.
“In keeping with the theme, we are encouraging guests to dress accordingly - wear the loudest colours, come dressed as an amplifier, let your imagination run riot.”
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
I’m going as a Marshall stack. Entry is a fiver.