It’s LOUD! at Club85
An electronica and dance special is set to melt your little ears off on Saturday.
Hosted by Rogue, the Club85 night called LOUD! (I think there’s a clue in the title) will feature two bands who should have the place going nuts.
The mighty London-based five-piece, Coda, who morph live trombone, drum and guitar with samples will take to the stage with support from breakbeat specialists Teflon Child.
Promoter Charlie Frame said: “We figured it’s all become a bit quiet around the Hitchin area of late, so we decided to book Coda, a multi-piece outfit who merge live instruments with electronics to create a unique dubstep sound. They’ve been playing all round the country over the summer, and I was lucky to catch them at Secret Garden Party in Huntingdon where they absolutely smashed it!
“Joining them will be the Welwyn-based electronic band Teflon Child who are no strangers to the North Herts area and have more recently recruited To The Moon and Otters member Dennis White to their crew.
“We will also be featuring drum’n’bass, dancehall, dubstep and funky DJs in the shape of Variations (Mutual Party) and Sub Pirates.
“In keeping with the theme, we are encouraging guests to dress accordingly - wear the loudest colours, come dressed as an amplifier, let your imagination run riot.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
I’m going as a Marshall stack. Entry is a fiver.