It’s all hail to the ales – and the ciders – as Hitchin festival date draws near
- Credit: Archant
The 2015 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival is just one week away with pints being poured from 5pm next Thursday.
The three-day festival, which takes place at Hitchin Rugby Club’s headquarters in Old Hale Way for the third year, will bring together more than 100 beers and ciders from around the country as well as a large range of foreign beers.
The Comet-backed annual event is organised by volunteers from the North Herts Camra, Hitchin Round Table, and the rugby club.
Event organiser Jon Kirby said: “We’re really pleased with the range of beers and ciders on offer at this year’s festival from both of the UK and overseas.
“There really is something for everyone. What’s more, guests will be able to try some of the best ciders the county has to offer as we name the Hertfordshire Cider of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
“With returning favourites plus a large number of new ones to try, visit www.hitchinbeerfestival.org.uk to see what takes your fancy.”
All registered cider makers across the county have been invited to take part in the competition for Hertfordshire Cider of the Year competition, and all will be available to sample.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Festival goers will also be given the opportunity to vote for their favourite tipple with the Beer of the Festival and Cider of the Festival being named at the end of the event.
The festival runs from 5pm to 11pm on Thursday and from noon to 11pm on Friday and Saturday.