It’s a sellout show, but you could still sneak in to see Stewart Lee in Hitchin next Thursday
- Credit: Archant
Comedy fans who missed out on the chance to snap up tickets to Stewart Lee’s Hitchin show next week may still be in with a chance of seeing the man in action at Sun Street’s Market Theatre on Thursday.
Hosts Glynn Doggett and David Ephgrave say that optimists can put their name down on the returns list for late availability tickets for the first show of the new season, which sold out in double quick time when the date was confirmed earlier this year.
The popularity of the show is no surprise – the star, pictured above, has seen his career hit new heights thanks to the success of his TV Comedy Vehicle show, but his slow-burn stand-up shows are legendary.
There’s two hours of material promised as he workshops ideas for the next series – you can put your name on the returns list at the venue from 7.30pm.
The bar will be open from 7pm, with comedy starting at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the programme for the new season are character comic Tom Binns conjuring up his hapless hospital radio DJ Ivan Brackenbury and creepy cod psychic Ian D. Montfort, and one time boy wonder stand-up turned elder statesman of the circuit Sean Hughes, who has returned to the spotlight in recent years – he’s currently touring his hit Edinburgh show Mumbo Jumbo – and also discovered the joys of podcasting to his fans.
Visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk for more details and to book tickets.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 4 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees