It’s a sellout show, but you could still sneak in to see Stewart Lee in Hitchin next Thursday
- Credit: Archant
Comedy fans who missed out on the chance to snap up tickets to Stewart Lee’s Hitchin show next week may still be in with a chance of seeing the man in action at Sun Street’s Market Theatre on Thursday.
Hosts Glynn Doggett and David Ephgrave say that optimists can put their name down on the returns list for late availability tickets for the first show of the new season, which sold out in double quick time when the date was confirmed earlier this year.
The popularity of the show is no surprise – the star, pictured above, has seen his career hit new heights thanks to the success of his TV Comedy Vehicle show, but his slow-burn stand-up shows are legendary.
There’s two hours of material promised as he workshops ideas for the next series – you can put your name on the returns list at the venue from 7.30pm.
The bar will be open from 7pm, with comedy starting at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the programme for the new season are character comic Tom Binns conjuring up his hapless hospital radio DJ Ivan Brackenbury and creepy cod psychic Ian D. Montfort, and one time boy wonder stand-up turned elder statesman of the circuit Sean Hughes, who has returned to the spotlight in recent years – he’s currently touring his hit Edinburgh show Mumbo Jumbo – and also discovered the joys of podcasting to his fans.
Visit www.mostlycomedy.co.uk for more details and to book tickets.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series