It’s a monster hit! Jurassic World tops poll for IMAX festival’s bill at Cineworld Stevenage this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s giant cinema screen is hosting its first film festival this weekend – and the movies that will be projected onto the Cineworld Imax screen have been picked by the punters.
Film fans were asked to vote for the movies they would most like to experience with the full IMAX effect – and the most recent chapter in the CGI dinosaur saga that began more than 20 years ago came out on top.
Jurassic World, released last year, was picked by nearly a quarter of those who responded to the Cineworld team’s survey.
Also favourites for the big screen film experience were space survival drama Gravity and post-apocalyptic Down Under action adventure Max Max: Fury Road.
And the line-up will also feature the first IMAX screening of Matt Damon drama The Martian, which – like Mad Max –has been nominated as Best Picture at this year’s Oscars.
Each film in the festival programme will only cost £3.
General manager Georgina Jones said: “It’s no surprise that Jurassic World has been chosen as the film the people of Stevenage would most love to bring back to the big screen – it was one of the biggest films of last year and we know lots of people are dying to have a chance to see it in IMAX again!”
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 9 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 10 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
Organisers say that the inaugural festival is not only a way for fans to see their favourite films again, but also a bargain offer to tempt new customers to see what the IMAX has to offer.
The cutting-edge IMAX projection system delivers crystal-clear images, coupled with a customised theatre design and powerful digital sound system, which the experts say creates a unique environment that makes audiences feel as if they are really part of the film.