It’s a monster hit! Jurassic World tops poll for IMAX festival’s bill at Cineworld Stevenage this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s giant cinema screen is hosting its first film festival this weekend – and the movies that will be projected onto the Cineworld Imax screen have been picked by the punters.
Film fans were asked to vote for the movies they would most like to experience with the full IMAX effect – and the most recent chapter in the CGI dinosaur saga that began more than 20 years ago came out on top.
Jurassic World, released last year, was picked by nearly a quarter of those who responded to the Cineworld team’s survey.
Also favourites for the big screen film experience were space survival drama Gravity and post-apocalyptic Down Under action adventure Max Max: Fury Road.
And the line-up will also feature the first IMAX screening of Matt Damon drama The Martian, which – like Mad Max –has been nominated as Best Picture at this year’s Oscars.
You may also want to watch:
Each film in the festival programme will only cost £3.
General manager Georgina Jones said: “It’s no surprise that Jurassic World has been chosen as the film the people of Stevenage would most love to bring back to the big screen – it was one of the biggest films of last year and we know lots of people are dying to have a chance to see it in IMAX again!”
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 6 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 7 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 8 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 9 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 10 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
Organisers say that the inaugural festival is not only a way for fans to see their favourite films again, but also a bargain offer to tempt new customers to see what the IMAX has to offer.
The cutting-edge IMAX projection system delivers crystal-clear images, coupled with a customised theatre design and powerful digital sound system, which the experts say creates a unique environment that makes audiences feel as if they are really part of the film.