INTERVIEW: Chas and Dave ahead of their Stevenage appearance
- Credit: Archant
DUO Chas and Dave will make a stop-off in Stevenage as part of their UK tour next weekend.
And ahead of the gig, Chas spoke to the Comet about what the audience can expect from what he calls “the Chas and Dave story”.
The Benington singer, who has worked with some big names over the years, says he is really looking forward to performing in front of a Stevenage audience.
“We go to the old Stevenage Gordon Craig quite often, me and my wife use it,” he told the Comet.
“The crowds are excellent.”
The crowds for his own shows vary, with the appeal of the duo appealing to all ages.
“It’s always been right across the board from kids to the older generation,” said Chas.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
“We get more teenagers and 20 year olds in the audience now, since people like Pete Docherty sang our praises and said we are a big influence.
“Not many people haven’t heard us over the years. I approach a show in the way I would like to see my favourite artists.”
Wednesday’s show, which has now sold out, will feature the band’s best hits including the likes of Margate and Rabbit.
But which is Chas’ favourite?
“Ain’t No Pleasing You,” he admits.
“It’s the song I’m most proud of, one I wrote before I got together with Dave. I wanted to write something that would be taken seriously. It’s an achievement to me.”