Inspiral Carpets’ Tom Hingley back for Albert’s birthday
Inspiral Carpets former frontman Tom Hingley returns to Hitchin for another storming set - if his two previous shows are anything to go by.
The lovely people at The Albert have invited the talented singer and guitarist to the Walsworth Road pub to perform some of the Carpets’ 20 top 40 hits as well as his new bluesy material and songs from well, wherever he fancies really. And everything he plays, he plays with a passion.
Hingley appeared at The Albert a year ago to mark its reopening under new management and returns on Saturday to help them celebrate their first anniversary.
Now an author as well as musician, he will have signed copies of his rock n roll autobiography Carpet Burns on sale on the night. You never know he might dedicate one to your mum.
Support is from Coloryde’s Ian Jeffries and Scallywags Kev Maher.
You may also want to watch:
And it’s all free.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?