Inspiral Carpets’ Tom Hingley back for Albert’s birthday
Inspiral Carpets former frontman Tom Hingley returns to Hitchin for another storming set - if his two previous shows are anything to go by.
The lovely people at The Albert have invited the talented singer and guitarist to the Walsworth Road pub to perform some of the Carpets’ 20 top 40 hits as well as his new bluesy material and songs from well, wherever he fancies really. And everything he plays, he plays with a passion.
Hingley appeared at The Albert a year ago to mark its reopening under new management and returns on Saturday to help them celebrate their first anniversary.
Now an author as well as musician, he will have signed copies of his rock n roll autobiography Carpet Burns on sale on the night. You never know he might dedicate one to your mum.
Support is from Coloryde’s Ian Jeffries and Scallywags Kev Maher.
And it’s all free.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map