Innovative puppet team telling familiar fairy tale in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
As part of a six-month UK tour, Thingumajig Theatre present the much-loved Hans Christian Anderson classic Ugly Duckling at Letchworth Arts Centre o on Thursday.
Ugly Duckling promises to be a captivating experience for families, as they join in the adventures of this famous underdog on her journey of transformation.
It features Thingumajig Theatre’s signature style – beautiful puppet characters, live music, captivating story-telling and a generous sprinkling of theatre magic.
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “Thingumajig Theatre make heart-warming, imaginative theatre shows.
“I’m looking forward to seeing them apply their special blend of theatre magic to this timeless story.”
Thingumajig Theatre is a visual theatre company based in West Yorkshire, which specialises in creating interactive giant puppets and innovative puppet plays. The company has performed in Ireland, Denmark, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Germany, Hungary, USA and Korea.
The show starts at 2pm. Tickets are £6 for children and £8 for adults. The show is recommended for children aged five years and over. Call 01462 670788 or visit www.letchwortharts.org to find out what else is in store are the venue.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash