Indie record store day fun in Letchworth GC
THE only independent music shop left in Comet country will celebrate Record Store Day in style this year with a selection of exclusive vinyl and live music.
David’s Music, in Letchworth GC, will open their doors to music fans at 8am on Saturday to get everyone in for the limited edition records and will host five live acts throughout the afternoon.
Local lads The October Game will perform a special set as will DJ Malc’s soul hour, Richy Pitch and Sean O’Hagan, from the High Llamas.
The Scratch, who have released a 7in single, Homely Crackle, to mark the day.
A band spokesman said: “Homely crackle is a Love Song and homage to the halycon days of record shops , thumbing through vinyl and the excitement of finding something new!”
You may also want to watch:
The single is limited to 200 copies and is note available on any other format.
If the day sounds like your idea of fun head down to the Eastcheap store and more information on the national event, including a list of all the day’s exclusive releases, log on to www.recordstoreday.com/Home
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses