Indie record store day fun in Letchworth GC
THE only independent music shop left in Comet country will celebrate Record Store Day in style this year with a selection of exclusive vinyl and live music.
David’s Music, in Letchworth GC, will open their doors to music fans at 8am on Saturday to get everyone in for the limited edition records and will host five live acts throughout the afternoon.
Local lads The October Game will perform a special set as will DJ Malc’s soul hour, Richy Pitch and Sean O’Hagan, from the High Llamas.
The Scratch, who have released a 7in single, Homely Crackle, to mark the day.
A band spokesman said: “Homely crackle is a Love Song and homage to the halycon days of record shops , thumbing through vinyl and the excitement of finding something new!”
You may also want to watch:
The single is limited to 200 copies and is note available on any other format.
If the day sounds like your idea of fun head down to the Eastcheap store and more information on the national event, including a list of all the day’s exclusive releases, log on to www.recordstoreday.com/Home
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death