If you want to rock Baldock, get in quick - and festival organisers are looking for a good cause, too
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of September’s annual Balstock Festival have sent out a double recruiting call this week – for bands who want to be on the bill, and for a good cause to benefit from the three day feast of music and more.
The town-wide free music festival with a proud reputation of showcasing local talent is now open to applications from bands.
And anyone who wants to be involved is urged to get in early, because after featuring a record 250 acts last year the 2016 festival will be capped at no more than 180.
The strains of the 2015 event have forced a reality check on fiercely independent festival which is entirely run by volunteers, but there will still be a bumper selection of local and international acts on the bill, as well as stand up comedy, art, street vendors and a funfair.
The festival will run from Friday, September 9 through to Sunday, September 11.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser G LaRoche said: “Last year was an outstanding achievement, but the workload was crushing on me and my volunteers.
“We think we reached the very limit of what Balstock and Baldock town can take in terms of the sheer volume of people.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
“This year we plan to cut off bands at about 180 to save us all a bit of sanity.”
To put your band/act forward for Balstock 2016 go to www.balstock.com, click on Play Rock Balstock and fill in the form.
And if you’re involved with a charity which you would like to see benefit as Balsock’s official partner this year – previous recipients include family support group Up On Downs and the St. Thomas Lupus Trust – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.