If you want to rock Baldock, get in quick - and festival organisers are looking for a good cause, too
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of September’s annual Balstock Festival have sent out a double recruiting call this week – for bands who want to be on the bill, and for a good cause to benefit from the three day feast of music and more.
The town-wide free music festival with a proud reputation of showcasing local talent is now open to applications from bands.
And anyone who wants to be involved is urged to get in early, because after featuring a record 250 acts last year the 2016 festival will be capped at no more than 180.
The strains of the 2015 event have forced a reality check on fiercely independent festival which is entirely run by volunteers, but there will still be a bumper selection of local and international acts on the bill, as well as stand up comedy, art, street vendors and a funfair.
The festival will run from Friday, September 9 through to Sunday, September 11.
Organiser G LaRoche said: “Last year was an outstanding achievement, but the workload was crushing on me and my volunteers.
“We think we reached the very limit of what Balstock and Baldock town can take in terms of the sheer volume of people.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
“This year we plan to cut off bands at about 180 to save us all a bit of sanity.”
To put your band/act forward for Balstock 2016 go to www.balstock.com, click on Play Rock Balstock and fill in the form.
And if you’re involved with a charity which you would like to see benefit as Balsock’s official partner this year – previous recipients include family support group Up On Downs and the St. Thomas Lupus Trust – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.