If you go down to the woods today...
THE Plinston Hall in Letchworth GC proved a wonderful venue for The Young Arcadians presentation of Wind In The Willows, directed by Simon Latter. Starring Chris Skinner as the exuberant, eccentric Toad, fashionably attired and padded to perfection, it b
THE Plinston Hall in Letchworth GC proved a wonderful venue for The Young Arcadians' presentation of Wind In The Willows, directed by Simon Latter.
Starring Chris Skinner as the exuberant, eccentric Toad, fashionably attired and padded to perfection, it began slowly with the introduction of Kate Lambert as the shy, bookish Mole yearning for adventure.
Her simple costume with miner's hat and goggles was delightful, as was her performance. She meets the kindly upper class Water Rat, (Mark Finch) - beautifully portrayed, ESPECIALLY the hand and facial movements - along the riverbank and he introduces her to his friends in The Wild Wood.
Now although we meet the lovable old Badger, (Phil Skinner) and some cute little rabbits, there are enemies in the woods. The evil Chief Weasel, a 50s rocker (James Fletcher), and the Chief Stoat, a mean siren who wants her man (Hannah Scanlon), together with their entourage are planning to take over Toad's home at Toad Hall. So when we meet the glorious Toad, once again in trouble for crashing cars, something's got to give.
This leads to a hilarious courtroom scene, with Toad defending himself, a jail escape and a wonderful Chaplin-esque film effect using strobe lighting.
Chris Skinner was a marvellous choice for Toad and the music was wonderfully directed by Nikki Laurence.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?