Ickleford lobster Greg in Ninja Warrior UK semi-final tomorrow night
- Credit: ITV
Ickleford’s lobster-costumed champion Greg Trevelyan says he’s enjoying being a famous face ahead of his TV appearance in Ninja Warrior UK’s semi-final tomorrow night.
Greg reached the semi-final after smashing the ITV obstacle course in the first round – and enjoyed watching the show with a cheering crowd at Ickleford’s recreation ground last month.
The 41-year-old, who once ran the London Marathon dressed in the lobster suit to break a world record, said the course becomes much tougher this time around.
“There’s a lot of drama and a lot of fun again,” he told the Comet.
“There’s just a lot tougher obstacles to get through.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been excellent since the first show – I was at the recreation ground watching, and I’ve had a lot of people on Twitter and things, just talking about it. It’s really bizarre seeing all that.
“Back at work, too, a lot of people have been coming up and saying they recognise me. Five minutes of fame, I suppose – but it’s good while it lasts!
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
“Enjoy watching it – I’ll gather my friends to watch it again in Ickleford, and I’m sure my family in Devon will be watching again too.”
Greg, who trained for Ninja Warrior UK while on holiday in Sicily, set a world record for fastest marathon dressed as a lobster back in 2016, when he completed the course in three hours and 17 minutes – but his time was beaten last year.
He intends to reclaim the world record as the fastest-ever crustacean marathon runner next year.
Ninja Warrior UK is on each Saturday at 6.30pm on ITV. You can catch up on previous episodes at itv.com.