Hum along as duo return for their Hitchin Folk Club debut headliner
- Credit: Archant
Belinda O’Hooley and Heidi Tidow are no strangers to Hitchin Folk Club – they’ve shared the bill in the past, and performed as part of other bands, and they’ve loved the experience.
But when they step up at the Sun Hotel on Sunday, March 22, it will be their first time headlining at the iconic venue.
The duo enthused: “It’s a great, very welcoming club and this will be our first time headlining a show there. We’re really excited about it.”
As O’Hooley and Tidow, they have been building a name for themselves as writers and performers of contemporary folk songs that connect to the times we live in.
Heidi said: “We are known for our close harmonies, centred around Belinda’s piano playing, thought- provoking lyrics and being a bit daft at times in between songs.”
Their 2014 album The Hum was given a big thumbs-up by critics, they were personally invited by Billy Bragg to play at Glastonbury and they’ve also featured in sessions on 6 Music and Radio 2.
And after Hitchin, they have their sights set on Cardiff in April, where they have been nominated as best duo in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
And autumn will find them on the road for the Summat’s Brewin’ Tour, celebrating the real ale revolution across the land, travelling across the UK to bring their music to micro-breweries and real ale pubs.
Tickets for the Hitchin date are £12 for members and £14 for non-members, and doors open at 7.30pm. Find out more details at www.hitchinfolkclub.idnet.net