Hop along to see Toad
THE adventures of Toad and friends is brought to life in The Wind in the Willows, starting on Thursday March 16 until Saturday March 18 at 7.30pm at The Queen Mother Theatre, Hitchin. Adapted from Kenneth Grahame s original story, with a bonus helping of
THE adventures of Toad and friends is brought to life in The Wind in the Willows, starting on Thursday March 16 until Saturday March 18 at 7.30pm at The Queen Mother Theatre, Hitchin.
Adapted from Kenneth Grahame's original story, with a bonus helping of catchy tunes, this delightful tale is brought to life by the Bancroft Juniors.
The production is sure to appeal to all ages. For tickets and details call 01462 455166.
* CAMBRIDGE University Musical Society brings a performance to Letchworth Free Church on Friday, March 17 at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Zephyr Ensemble has over 50 members and will be playing a variety of music, including an English dance suite by Holst, a rollicking modern romp called Cartoon by Paul Hart and a taste of Spain in the Ritual Fire Dance by Manuel de Falla.
For more information and tickets call 01223 365110 or visit their website www.cums.org.uk
- 1 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 2 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 7 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
* LETCHWORTH Museum and Art Gallery is currently displaying the exhibition, Paintings by the Lilley Art Group.
It will be open until March 18 and admission is free.
Also in Letchworth GC, a collection of contemporary art by international women artists is on show at the Vilas Collection (8/10 Leys Avenue).
Call the gallery on 01462 677455 for more information and appointments.
MIN Shefford, Alive and Reel with Mervyn Stutter comes to the Memorial Hall.
A comedian, comedy songwriter and founder of the Flying Pickets, his live shows have attracted raving reviews.
He will be performing on Saturday March 18. Book by calling 01462 813377.
* SPADS present an evening of one-act plays with supper at St Paul's Church in Letchworth GC.
The two plays, both comedies, are Alternative Accommodation by Pam Valentine and On Location by Stephen Smith.
There will be performances at 7.45pm between Thursday, March 16, and Saturday, March 18.
Tickets are £7 which include dinner and there will be a licensed bar.
Call 01462 677157 for tickets and more information.
* THE Maggini Quartet will be performing at the Peter Morrison Hall in Hitchin on Friday, March 17.
They will be playing music by Haydn, Beethoven and Maxwell Davies.
For more information and tickets call 01462 459446 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.