Former Hollyoaks star set for role in Mel Brooks musical in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A former Hollyoaks star and Strictly Come Dancing contestant will appear in a new stage version of The Producers opening in Stevenage later this month.
Ali Bastian will be playing the role of Ulla in the Mel Brooks musical at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
The Producers opens at the theatre in Lytton Way on Tuesday, August 29 and runs until Saturday, September 9, with only 14 performances.
Ali Bastian is best known for playing Becca Dean in Channel 4’s Hollyoaks and PC Sally Armstrong in ITV drama series The Bill.
She has gone on to play leading guest roles in some of the UK’s best-loved TV shows including Doctors, Death in Paradise and Jonathan Creek.
Ali also waltzed her way into the Strictly Come Dancing semi-final and, partnered with Brian Fortuna, holds the celebrity record for the American Smooth and the Viennese Waltz.
Paul Easom will play the main role of down-on-his-luck Broadway producer Max Bialystock.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
Not for the easily offended, tickets for The Producers start from £17.
• Call the box office on 01438 363200 or book online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk