Former Hollyoaks star set for role in Mel Brooks musical in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A former Hollyoaks star and Strictly Come Dancing contestant will appear in a new stage version of The Producers opening in Stevenage later this month.
Ali Bastian will be playing the role of Ulla in the Mel Brooks musical at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
The Producers opens at the theatre in Lytton Way on Tuesday, August 29 and runs until Saturday, September 9, with only 14 performances.
Ali Bastian is best known for playing Becca Dean in Channel 4’s Hollyoaks and PC Sally Armstrong in ITV drama series The Bill.
She has gone on to play leading guest roles in some of the UK’s best-loved TV shows including Doctors, Death in Paradise and Jonathan Creek.
You may also want to watch:
Ali also waltzed her way into the Strictly Come Dancing semi-final and, partnered with Brian Fortuna, holds the celebrity record for the American Smooth and the Viennese Waltz.
Paul Easom will play the main role of down-on-his-luck Broadway producer Max Bialystock.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Not for the easily offended, tickets for The Producers start from £17.
• Call the box office on 01438 363200 or book online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk