Former Hollyoaks star set for role in Mel Brooks musical in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A former Hollyoaks star and Strictly Come Dancing contestant will appear in a new stage version of The Producers opening in Stevenage later this month.
Ali Bastian will be playing the role of Ulla in the Mel Brooks musical at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
The Producers opens at the theatre in Lytton Way on Tuesday, August 29 and runs until Saturday, September 9, with only 14 performances.
Ali Bastian is best known for playing Becca Dean in Channel 4’s Hollyoaks and PC Sally Armstrong in ITV drama series The Bill.
She has gone on to play leading guest roles in some of the UK’s best-loved TV shows including Doctors, Death in Paradise and Jonathan Creek.
Ali also waltzed her way into the Strictly Come Dancing semi-final and, partnered with Brian Fortuna, holds the celebrity record for the American Smooth and the Viennese Waltz.
Paul Easom will play the main role of down-on-his-luck Broadway producer Max Bialystock.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Robbie O'Keefe leaves Stevenage after 11 years
- 8 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
Not for the easily offended, tickets for The Producers start from £17.
• Call the box office on 01438 363200 or book online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk